|Select your language|
The monthly costs in US dollars are:
|Length of stay|
|Nature of stay||1 to 2 months||3 to 6 months||7+ months|
|Internship (3 months min)||$790pm||$750pm||$700pm|
Payment may also be made on a pro-rata basis for weekly periods. Full payment can be made in cash (in guaranies or US$) on arrival or by bank transfer prior to arrival. There is a cash machine in the local town. Paying by bank transfer incurs a 5% fee to cover bank charges. A 25% discount is available to South American nationals.Costs include:
- A bed in a shared bedroom with access to a bathroom and separate shower room. Double rooms are available for an extra 20%.
- Three varied meals each day.
- Collection and return from the bus terminal in Pilar to the accommodation, or the nearest town if you’re travelling to a field-site, at the start and end of your stay.
- Unlimited tea, yerba mate and diluting juice
- Assistance with project development and execution.
- Access to all necessary scientific and educational equipment for use in your project.
- Free WiFi at Pilar and Laguna Blanca
In addition to the above, the fee also includes a contribution towards conservation and education projects carried out by Para La Tierra.
At Laguna Blanca you can add personal items to the weekly shopping trip to the supermarket in Santa Rosa for a charge of 5,000 guaranies (approx. $0.85 at January 2017), plus the cost of the item.
Accounts for shopping and use of the phone will be calculated weekly and paid for in the reserve in guaranies. Any proceeds are invested directly into running Para la Tierra projects.